Service, Community, and Miscellaneous
My blog is a record of thoughts that arise from my research, experiences as a mathematician, and whatever else I find interesting to share. Mathematics consists entirely of merely conventional signs -- which, too, we need to navigate the real world. Without them, our understanding is quite perfect and absolute -- and blank. I enjoy the discussions with others through the blog, and sharing interesting notions I pick up along the way.
- Helped Mount Allison students prepare for the Putnam Mathematics Competition
- Assisted graduate students with research projects in Research Training Group 1670,
University of Hamburg
- Mentor to new Graduate Teaching Assistants in UC Riverside Math Department
- Co-organizer of the Research Seminar series on Infinity-n Categories, for Research Seminar of Christoph Schweigert, Ingo Runkel, Christoph Wockel associated with Core Area T, the unit of the Graduiertenkolleg relating to TQFT (Hamburg, Fall 2012).
- I was on the organizing committee for the
workshop Higher Gauge
Theory, TQFT and Quantum Gravity, held at IST Feb 7-13, 2011.
- I was organizer of
a Seminar on Stacks, Groupoids and Algebras at UWO in 2009-2010.
- I was a co-organizer, with Alessandro Valentino, of 2012 Research Seminar associated with the group within GRK1670 interested in TQFT.
I have done work as a referee for some journals:
- Differential Geometry and its Applications
- Journal of Mathematics Physics
- Letters in Mathematical Physics
- Science China Mathematics